cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma ix6820 printer network setup

vicketta1
Apprentice

very frustrated. I've set up many a device but cannot get this new printer set up on network. Have changed firewall permissions, all other devices connected. canon.com absolutely no help. Why is redirecting me to the printed setup that came with printer a solution? can anyone help? I have a macbook air with the odd connector so cannot connet via usb. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Maybe these instructions will help:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART115518

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello vicketta1,

You can run the setup for the printer without using a USB cable. To start the setup, you can hold the wireless button on the printer down until the power light flashes two times and then you can let go. When the printer is in setup mode, the wifi light will flash quickly.

Once the printer is in setup mode, you can download and run the setup for the printer using the link provided HERE. You can also try going to the app store using a smartphone or tablet and you can download our Canon Print Inkjet Selphy app. The app will also let you connect your printer your network and you can use the steps provided HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements