cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect a MG2900 printer to a new router?

cookemc
Apprentice

I am having trouble trying to connect my MG2900 printer to a new router? please help.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

Jason
Whiz

Hi, cookemc!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I have an windows 10 computer.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

To reinstall the printer, visit www.canon.com/ijsetup and follow the prompts to connect the unit to your network.

If you experience any difficulties with the setup, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello,

I dont need to reinstall my printer my computer knows its there. but my printer is not connecting to my new router well. I thought I had it connected but then it started messing up again.

Hi cookemc,

To connect the printer to your network after a router or network change, you follow the same procedure as for a
first time install.  A step-by-step walk through of the wireless setup is built into the installation routine of the software for the printer.  There is also a wireless help guide that can assist you with reinstalling the printer; to view the guide, please click here.

Should you experience difficulty connecting the printer to your new router after reinstalling the printer, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements