cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX492 will no longer print from Chromebook

mom22gr8grlz
Apprentice

I used to have no problem printing from my Chromebook.  Now it tells me I need to set up the printer.  It can't do it automatically, and it doesn't have the model listed (or any model even close to it).  I found an article about configuring the printer manually.  I entered the printer's IP address and it still takes me to the same set up page and says it can't configure my printer automatically.  I can't find anywhere on Canon's website to download the PPD (whatever that is).  Please help!

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mom22gr8grtz,

Once Google ended Google Cloud Print, Chromebooks use native printing support to print with supported printers.  Google made the decision not to include the PIXMA MX492 as a supported printer.  Because of this, the PIXMA MX492 is not supported with the Chrome OS.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002.  They're available weekdays and Saturdays after 9 AM ET (6 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same issue trying to print from Chromebook to Canon Pixma MX492. Is the Canon Upgrade Program still an option? I'll try to reach out to the Sales Department during open hours and watch for response here as well.

thanks in advance!

Kim

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements