cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New wifi router and now my printer isn't working

KIS160
Apprentice

had to get a new wifi router and now my printer isn't working    Imagerunner C5235.   Can anyone tell me where to change the IP address to get it to work?

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, KIS160!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

diverhank
Authority

@KIS160 wrote:

had to get a new wifi router and now my printer isn't working    Imagerunner C5235.   Can anyone tell me where to change the IP address to get it to work?

On the C5200 set up guide ( Link), on page 17-20, there are instructions on how to set the IP address.

There are several ways to set it up but I find the surest way to set up is to:

1. Find out the IP address for your router (for example:  192.168.1.xx).

2. Use the instructions above and set the printer to 192.168.1.200 (something really high so dynamic IPs don't reach)

3. Create a new printer on your computer and set the IP address to 192.168.1.200 (matching # 2)

4. Print to this printer and it will work every time.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements