Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Image Class D1620 Scan to Email

Help! I am trying to set up my new printer and I am able to print just fine, but when I try to scan and send an email, I am getting errors constantly!  I have logged into the "UI" and messed with the settings, setting up the SMTP for gmail (smtp.gmail.com), but everything I do does not seem to work.  My latest error is #753, TCP/IP error; however, when I check the IP address, it matches.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? If you have tips or screen shots on how it should look for gmail accounts, please send!  I appreciate ANY assistance that can be given!  Thank you!

Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

Re: Image Class D1620 Scan to Email

Hi MelissaE.

The error can indicate a network connection issue. Please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A representative will be able to provide further troubleshooting assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.