cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request -  EOS R5C hot shoe cable extension for Tascam CA-XLR2d

milostudios
Apprentice

Feature request -  EOS R5C hot shoe cable extension. I’d like to suggest a cable that would allow Canon EOS R5C users to connect hot shoe devices without blocking the top position for handles on R5C cages. For instance, the Tascam CA-XLR2d audio device is currently the only way to add XLR mic pre inputs to the R5C BUT it takes up all the space where a top handle needs to go. A dedicated cable would give R5C users much more flexibility and functionality. Many thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

olivierdangely
Apprentice

Totally agree. Sony have been doing this for a long time with it’s own device.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

So essentially a MFS re-locator.  I don't need this, but I understand what you are asking for.  A low-pro adapter that mounts in the MFS and relocates a MFS to a different spot.  Maybe on a cage or something.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

To send this kind of feedback, use the teeny-tiny link at the bottom of the canon usa page:

Untitled.jpg

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@kvbarkley,

Glad you "re-found" the +Feedback 👍

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have to re-find it every time!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

The new off camera relocator cord might be a > OC-E4A  

This is not confirmed yet, but a new off camera relocator for the MF Shoe is likely in the works.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements