cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using canon speedlite 580 ex ii

aarontan0219
Apprentice

Im using canon 1300D and i tested up with my friends canon speedlite 580 ex ii. It works before i update the firmware from its original version but when i update it to 1.1.0, it detected the flash but when i press the shutter, but when i press the shutter, the flash wont trigger. But it works on my friend's 6D mark ii. I already clean the hot shoe.

4 REPLIES 4

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Updating your firmware would have no bearing on flash operation.  The fact that the flash works normally on your friend's camera suggests some kind of user error on your part. Reset the camera back to default and then try again. 

If you still have problems, try shooting on the "Green Box" full Auto mode.

Mike Sowsun

aarontan0219
Apprentice
i tried with all setting and it still dosent work. I use my other flash which is nissin Di 622 Mark II it works normally but failed for speedlite 580 EX II

It may just be a hotshoe contact problem. The 580EX II did have some problems when first released and the "rounded" contact pins were changed to "pointy" contact pins.  Does your flash have rounded or pointy?

_001.jpg

_002.jpg

Mike Sowsun

aarontan0219
Apprentice
rounded as it is the old model. the hot shoes has no problem as j try out the nissin Di 622 mark ii with pointy pin
Announcements