cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YN 622C pass-through TTL with 430 EX II?

Bugman
Contributor

Have Canon T5i, Canon 430 EX II flash.

I bought a set of Yongnuo YN622C radio TTL triggers, and they work great for OFF-camera TTL.  I can set my 430EXII anywhere around a room and it shoots with perfect full TTL.

But when I have the YN622C on the Camera hotshoe, then put the 430EXII on top of that, right on the camera, the flash fires only as a manual flash. 

The YN622C is supposed to have "pass through" ability - passing TTL settings through to the 430EXII mounted on top, but mine is not working.   I want to have one TTL flash on top of the trigger, on the camera, for a fill flash, and then another flash on the remote trigger for an off-camera flash.

Has anyone else used these triggers with success? Do I just have a set of faulty triggers that should be returned? or is there some special trick that I'm missing to get TTL pass through?.  It seems awfully strange that they work for OFF-camera TTL, but do not work when everything is mounted directly to the camera.

2 REPLIES 2

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

You should be able to have "pass through".  It seemed to work Okay when I tried it.  

I would suggest doing a Reset/Clear to default.

Here is a link to a very good resource for using the YN-622C.  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B77OmmGIg0gMVFpqNkpBYXBHajA/edit

_622C.jpg

Mike Sowsun

you know - that might have fixed it - I did just that (the reset) the day after my post, and the next day, the pass-through seems to work.  Very strange - wasn't clear to me what fixed it - but probably the reset or some other unknown setting somewhere.

Well, thank you for the Other YN-622C User Guide - much better than what comes with the triggers.  I appreciate your help, Mike!  Now I can confirm, if anyone else asks, that there really is ETTL pass-through with the YN622c triggers.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements