cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedlite 470Ex-AI As Receiver and Speedlite 600EX-RT As Sender

JAAranzullo
Contributor

I own a speedlite 470ex-Ai, if I purchase a 600ex RT, is there a way to make the RT the master RT and the 470ex-ai the slave? I want to have the option to shoot both at once or one at a time depending on the location and shoot…

any suggestions, answers or help please 

5 REPLIES 5

cherry54698
Contributor

@JAAranzullo wrote:

I own a speedlite 470ex-Ai, if I purchase a 600ex RT, is there a way to make the RT the master RT and the 470ex-ai the slave? I want to have the option to shoot both at once or one at a time depending on the location and shoot…

any suggestions, answers or help please  CredibleBH

This is quite a common issue, please suggest me if you find any solution for it.

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

The 470Ex-AI has no Radio wireless master/slave capability. 

It does have the Canon proprietary Optical slave capability, but you will need to have a compatible optical “master”. The 600EX-RT, will work for you, but only if you switch it to optical wireless mode.

Mike Sowsun

Good to know. Because I want to be able to have the capability to have both flashes shoot or one. For example 

I’m at a venue, I would have the 600ex as my master on my Canon EOS 6D and the 470ex set up across the room. Then if I need to do a portrait shot , I could turn off the flash on the 600ex but use it as a transmitter to let the 470ex expose from across the room.

thank you for your help 

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings JAAranzullo,

The Speedlite 470EX-AI can be used as a receiving flash where the Speedlite 600EX II-RT is the sender but it would be through optical transmission due to radio transmission functions not being available on the Speedlite 470EX-AI.

So what do you think would be the best option for me? I’d like to have 2 flashes with the option to have a master/slave set up and also where I could shoot both flashes at once, or one at time.

and I mean one at a time, meaning I could have it across the room…

Announcements