cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedlight 600EX II-RT not charging

mclori72
Apprentice
I just purchased this speedlight new at the end of December I have used it once. I went to use it tonight and it will not charge. The light just stays red. I put new batteries in just Incase, nothing. It does put off a test flash when I push the button. I have speedlight option enabled on my canon 5d Mark IV. I have looked through the entire manual and I can find nothing other than the solid red light means something about tempature but that’s not it because I didn’t even use it. Any suggestions? Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

If your flash will fire a test flash, and takes photos normally, there is nothing wrong.

Check your user manual:   The flash-ready lamp will first turn green (ready for quick flash), then red (fully recycled or flash
ready)

With strong batteries and low power flash, you won’t see green. 

1F3D1291-C87E-435C-99F6-76721274FF6E.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Call canon, they can walk you through some troubleshooting and have you send it in for repair if necessary.  If it is under waranty, don't bother with us.

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

If your flash will fire a test flash, and takes photos normally, there is nothing wrong.

Check your user manual:   The flash-ready lamp will first turn green (ready for quick flash), then red (fully recycled or flash
ready)

With strong batteries and low power flash, you won’t see green. 

1F3D1291-C87E-435C-99F6-76721274FF6E.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

mclori72
Apprentice
Thank you! I’m obviously very new to speedlights. I knew the first time I used it that it was green. I got nervous when it was red all the time. I was just confused. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

@mclori72 wrote:
Thank you! I’m obviously very new to speedlights. I knew the first time I used it that it was green. I got nervous when it was red all the time. I was just confused. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Don't blame yourself. Every newbie is confused by the counterintuitive assignment of those lights. Of course one naturally assumes that the "all systems are ready" light would be green, not red. But it is what it is, and we all get used to it eventually.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements