cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New: Speedlite EL-5

ccanada
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Speedlite EL-5 is a newly designed flash that receives many features from the flagship Speedlite EL-1 while also including modern features all its own. Two popular features found in the EL-5 are the modeling lamp and the use of the high-capacity LP-EL rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack.

4 REPLIES 4

JoeySnaps
Enthusiast

... not to mention the new multi-function foot which makes it incompatible with cameras which don't have the matching multi-function shoe. So, R3, R7, R8, R10, R50, R6mkII but not R5 or R6, R or RP.

I have mine on order.

R6mkII, various lenses, speedlites. Also legacy Canons going back to T90 and even A1.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Don't forget us R5 C folks. 📸  Our body has the MF Shoe.   ✔️

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Oops, my apologies. Yes, I do tend to forget the R5C.

It's off-topic, but I just checked my facts and discovered to my amazement that unlike other cameras with the new multi-function foot, the R50 cannot also accept older flashes without the AD-E1 adapter - it doesn't have the conventional five hot shoe contacts! Can't imagine why Canon did that - unless to generate more flash sales?

R6mkII, various lenses, speedlites. Also legacy Canons going back to T90 and even A1.

The usual answer is "to save money to keep the cost down." Or "they purposely did it as a range differentiator."

Announcements