cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T4i 580EXII ETTL functionally Speedlite Question

Bootie
Contributor

On attaching the 580EXII to camera T4i/650D the flash will not display ETTL mode. Camera Flash control menu (function settings/C Fn settings) displays incompatible flash or flash power turned off. However, if you change C.fn function 05 on the flash ensuring 05 0 is displayed it will then display ETTL ON THE FLASH. Sadley once attached to the camera and shutter release pressed, flash reverts to TTL mode and flash won't fire. Help would be much appreciated ! Would very much like to use as a master with my two 430EXII. Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply. Having done some more research, yes the flash hotshoe pins where modified  secretly, allegedly !! I unfortunately have the pre mod round headed pins. Which for a princely sum they will replace, not that I would expect it done for free as allegedly it being a design fault. The flash was part of camera items inherited and came in an unopened box. Will have to take it on the chin and look for something,non CANON as a replacement. Regards

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

While I realize you want to make sure everything is working correctly, the T4i's cobra flash can be used as a master all on its own. No external Speedilite required.

Announcements