cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the MT-24EX macro flash work with the 7D mk2?

aj303030
Apprentice

I cannot get the ettl to do anything.  I am new to both.......

4 REPLIES 4

Mykolas
Authority

Hi aj303030!

Thanks for posting.

The Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX should work with the EOS 7D Mark II. 

When you say you cannot get the E-TTL to do anything, are you saying you are unable to change any settings on the flash or are you unable to get the flash to fire at all? 

Does the flash work on other cameras?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the reply!   I set the flash to ettl,  but not sure what to set the camera at for it to work??   Every setting I have tried has left the camera not adjusting for ettl?   The flash fires,  but the settings are waaay off.   I can dial in manual,  but by the time I get that where I want it,  my subject is gone.   Quite frankly with that high $$ flash ettl should work.   I rarely use flash,  so I am totally novice.   All my macro work has been natural lit,  so I was trying to branch out…. 

aj303030,

Do you have a sample image or two posted anywhere we can take a look at?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@aj303030 wrote:

I cannot get the ettl to do anything.  I am new to both.......

One has to understand that the ETT-L mechanism functions on the assumption that all flash is (or should be) fill flash. I.e., it invariably exposes for the highlights of a scene. So if you're using the flash to supply all or most of the light, you may have to set it to manual mode. Another option is to use bounce flash, but you're unlikely to be doing that with a ring light.

ETT-L is very effective at what it does. But what it does is seldom fully explained.

Your description of your problem is pretty vague. If you have specific questions, see if you can get Skirball to answer them. She's this forum's resident expert on flash.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements