cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon flashes as slaves question

AksarBhai
Apprentice

I am having an issue with getting my Canon flashes to do exactly what I want. This is complicated by my not using them as intended. Equipment:

• Fuji XT-1 w/ FlashQ T1-S remote trigger

• Canon 580EX II w/ T1-S receiver, set as master unit mode manual

• Canon 580EX set as slave mode manual Both flashes fire almost as intended at this point.

-2x Canon 480EX both set as slaves, they will fire, but they do so after a distinct delay and I need to set the 580EX II in ETTL mode to get them to fire even then.

One: I'd like all four flashes to fire at once obviously, triggered by the T1-S remote on my Fuji XT-1

Two, and slightly less critical, the 580EX slave only fires at the power setting of the 580EX II. i.e. I can't set one to 1/1 and the other to 1/4. the slave fires at the same power setting as the master. Can I do something about this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

diverhank
Authority

I'm not surprised that your scheme is having problems.  You are using the T1-S on a Fuji camera to trigger one 580EX II, then the 580EXII to trigger a bunch of Canon flashes...this secondary triggering obviously is delayed.  The only way this might work is to have your shutter speed open long enough for the sensor to register the mistimed flashes.

For your second question, try to set the 580EXII option to fire all group, set it as group A and all of the slave flashes to group B and/or C so you can alter the power settings.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

I am curious, why you are using Canon flashes with a Fuji camera?

The 580EX II can only operate as a master if it is attached to a Canon camera.

Mike Sowsun
Announcements