cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 430EX II AF assist beam not working

ntglty92
Apprentice

Hello folks.

I have a problem with my 430ex ii. Af assist beam doesn't fire, while on 430EX works fine.

All custom functions are set how it need to be.

4 REPLIES 4

diverhank
Authority

@ntglty92 wrote:

Hello folks.

I have a problem with my 430ex ii. Af assist beam doesn't fire, while on 430EX works fine.

Which custom functions are you referring to? My guess is on the flash?  There is an option on the flash Cfn to disable the assist beam.

You didn't mention what camera you have.  On my 7D2, there's an in-camera option where you can turn off AF-assist beam.  This might be inadvertently set to AF assist off.  You might want to check it.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

@diverhank wrote:

@ntglty92 wrote:

Hello folks.

Which custom functions are you referring to? My guess is on the flash?  There is an option on the flash Cfn to disable the assist beam.

You didn't mention what camera you have.  On my 7D2, there's an in-camera option where you can turn off AF-assist beam.  This might be inadvertently set to AF assist off.  You might want to check it.

Right, custom functions on the flash. 

My camera is canon 600D and I have that setting in-camera too.

Which is enabled.

Before month or two, flash was working fine, but suddenly it stopped firing.

And then, I replaced flash with 430EX wich was working good.

I don't now what to do. Smiley Indifferent

It's possible that the flash IR is out.  As I recall, there is an option in-camera that enables AF-Assist by flash pulses in addition to IR.  It's unlikely both functions are broken.  It's worth a try.

Also, I guess you know that the AF-Assist will not work in AI-Servo mode.  I also read that the AF-Assist may not work if you use only a single focus point or focus points from the edges.

Other than that I'm out of clues too.  Good luck 🙂

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

I also read all of that...
Thanks man anyway.
Announcements