cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

430EX - trouble with the wireless setting

AmbraPhoto
Apprentice

If anyone could help with this i'll appreciate it greatly

I hold in zoom on the flash to switch on the wireless options, but the moment i press my shutter button half way to AF, the wireless options dissapear.

Did i accidentaly enable a function that is conflicting with the wireless or is it something else?

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

AmbraPhoto,

What you are describing does not sound normal.  I was able to test this myself and could not duplicate what you are seeing.  I would like to look into this further though.  In order to do so, I would like to gather some additional information from you.  This will greatly help me to determine what is causing this.

1. What camera body are you using?
  2. Do you have a master flash on the camera, a transmitter or are you using the built-in flash on the camera to trigger the Speedlite 430EX II?
  3. If you have a master unit on the camera, what model are you using as a master?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

diverhank
Authority

Let me get this straight...you mount the flash on the camera and you turned on the wireless option (Slave A or something like this)...When you press the shutter button half way the Slave option on the flash goes away?  If this is correct, sounds like everything works per design.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish...but remember the 430EX cannot be the master.  It can only be a slave.  When you mount it on camera, only a master-capable flash (like a 580EX ) can command another flash to fire. The 430EX cannot be a master so it turns itself back to a regular flash.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

I believe diverhank hit the nail on the head.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements