cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

430EX-III RT compatibility with Off Camera Shoe Cord 2

Mikeyboccato
Apprentice

Hi - I have an EOS R and I’m acquiring a Speedlite 430EXIII-RT; I have an Off Camera Shoe Cord 2, will this work with this setup?

1 REPLY 1

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Yes it will work. The speedlite will act as if its mounted directly on the camera. All features of the speedlite will work. Just watchout if you're shooting in low light. If the camera can't acquire focus. The speedlite WILL fire an Intermittent AF Assist Beam. Meaning Intermittent flashes for AF Assist. The IR AF Assist Beam IS not compatible with ANY mirrorless camera. Even if the speedlite has a choice between IR and Intermittent Flash. The camera body overrides the AF Assist Beam Emission Method automatically. With the 430EX III-RT set to IR AF Assist. While mounted on an R series the AF Assist Beam will be emitted by Intermittent Flashes

EOS R Series AF Assist Beam Protocol.png

Depending on the Ambient Lighting. The camera body may project an AF Assist Beam.Depending on the Ambient Lighting. The camera body may project an AF Assist Beam.

The camera body chooses where the AF Assist Beam will emitted. The body lamp or the speedlite via Intermittent Flashes. IR AF Assist is NOT Possible. Intermittent Flash is compatible with ALL Canon speedlites.The camera body chooses where the AF Assist Beam will emitted. The body lamp or the speedlite via Intermittent Flashes. IR AF Assist is NOT Possible. Intermittent Flash is compatible with ALL Canon speedlites.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, 430EX III-RT, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D, Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM & EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
Announcements