cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

430 ex using Youngnuo 622 flash trigger

hscody
Apprentice

I just purchased a Youngnuo YN622C-Tx flash trigger and YN622CII receivers.  I'm trying them on my Canon 430ex speedlight.  They work perfectly in ETTL mode, but in Manual mode, I cannot adjust the intensity of the flash nor the zoom from the trigger.  System works perfectly when I'm using my Youngnuo flash, so I assume the problem is my own ignorance or some issue with Youngnuo and Cannon speedlight.

When Flash is set to MASTER mode and attached to the 622 receiver:

• And both trigger and flash are in ETTL mode, flash adjusted automatically
  • When both trigger and flash are in Manual mode, receiver flashes when I attempt to adjust intensity or zoom with trigger, but no movement on FLASH

When Flash is in SLAVE mode and attached to receiver:

• and I adjust intensity and zoom on trigger, flash makes a noise like it's changing, but LDC screen on Flash shows no changes to intensity or zoom.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@hscody wrote:

I was exploring GODOX XProC trigger as a different option but a video I watched said they had the same problem with the Canon 430ex flash.  It said the Canon 430exII worked fine in manual mode, but the 430ex only worked in TTL mode.  I suspect the problem is the age of the flash across most if not all third party triggers.  Possibly even Canon triggers.

The 430EX may have only worked in TTL mode, but the flash is designed to work in TTL, E-TTL, and E-TTL II modes.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/support-flashes/speedlite-... 

The problem is with the Yongnuo transceivers, not the Canon 430EX.  Yongnuo is not fully compatible.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@hscody wrote:

I just purchased a Youngnuo YN622C-Tx flash trigger and YN622CII receivers.  I'm trying them on my Canon 430ex speedlight.  They work perfectly in ETTL mode, but in Manual mode, I cannot adjust the intensity of the flash nor the zoom from the trigger.  System works perfectly when I'm using my Youngnuo flash, so I assume the problem is my own ignorance or some issue with Youngnuo and Cannon speedlight.

When Flash is set to MASTER mode and attached to the 622 receiver:

• And both trigger and flash are in ETTL mode, flash adjusted automatically
  • When both trigger and flash are in Manual mode, receiver flashes when I attempt to adjust intensity or zoom with trigger, but no movement on FLASH

When Flash is in SLAVE mode and attached to receiver:

• and I adjust intensity and zoom on trigger, flash makes a noise like it's changing, but LDC screen on Flash shows no changes to intensity or zoom.

I think you may be correct.  There could be a compatibility issue with Yongnuo and Canon.  Ask Yongnuo about it.  This is not an issue for Canon to resolve.  Yongnuo claims to be compatible with Canon's E-TTL protocol, but apparently they might not be fully compatible.

I was exploring GODOX XProC trigger as a different option but a video I watched said they had the same problem with the Canon 430ex flash.  It said the Canon 430exII worked fine in manual mode, but the 430ex only worked in TTL mode.  I suspect the problem is the age of the flash across most if not all third party triggers.  Possibly even Canon triggers.

@hscody wrote:

The 430EX may have only worked in TTL mode, but the flash is designed to work in TTL, E-TTL, and E-TTL II modes.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/support-flashes/speedlite-... 

The problem is with the Yongnuo transceivers, not the Canon 430EX.  Yongnuo is not fully compatible.

myim74
Contributor

Hello hope someone can help. Any clue why my Godox ct16 trigger doesn’t seem to be working? New batteries, The triggers communicate fine with each other(doesn’t flash even they trigger communicates with each other), same channels, ex 430ii slave mode is on. I know it works for sure as I saw someone post a YouTube video showing same trigger and same ex 430ii. It was also on slave mode. (Just checked it’s actually ex 430 not ii https:/    youtu.be/uB-HwlYSYkg (1:46)

many help will be much appreciated thank you

Announcements