Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

canon camera connect not in app store - IOS 13

Recently my iPhone updated to IOS 13 and the App stop working, decided to uninstall and reset all the components of the wifi connection, but couldn't find the option to reinstall since it's not in the app store. 

In the past I have been able to use camera connect to download images from Mark IV, change focus, via Wifi from my iphone or other Apple products.

If you have any other application for this please let me know.

VIP

Re: canon camera connect not in app store - IOS 13

@camilobreton wrote:

Recently my iPhone updated to IOS 13 and the App stop working, decided to uninstall and reset all the components of the wifi connection, but couldn't find the option to reinstall since it's not in the app store. 

In the past I have been able to use camera connect to download images from Mark IV, change focus, via Wifi from my iphone or other Apple products.

If you have any other application for this please let me know.

Apple appears to have released an update today.  It seems iOS 13 broke a whole lot of stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

Hey thanks for the response: Still unable to download "camera connect" after today's update. I think it has do to with canon, not with apple. 

Product Expert

Hi camilobreton,

Thanks for reaching out. I was able to pull up Camera Connect on a iPhone running the latest version of iOS 13. If you haven't done so recently, try powering down your phone and then relaunching it. When you're by a strong Wi-Fi signal, try to download the app again.

That said, I should also point out that the app currently lists iOS 11.4-12.4 for its compatibility range. While I am not aware of any issues with iOS 13 and Camera Connect, it is possible that performance issues might arise.

I anticipate that we'll have an update for iOS 13 soon, but I don't have a date for when that will be available.