cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro photography

HENRYBURTON
Apprentice

I shoot alot of  macro photography. I have a Canon SX60 and 80D. Is there a way to connect and Ipad / tablet to the camera to view what the camera is "seeing" so I can focus my shots precisely ( by viewing on a larger screen ). I am not interested in doing any remote focusing. Thanks for the help.

3 REPLIES 3

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I can't speak for your SX60, but the 80D supports remote control via WiFi.  You need to install the Canon "Camera Connect" app on your iPad:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/explore/solutions-services/mobile-apps/camera-conn...

This definitely supports your 80D and I believe it also supports your SX60 (but I'm a little less confident about the SX60).

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@HENRYBURTON wrote:

I shoot alot of  macro photography. I have a Canon SX60 and 80D. Is there a way to connect and Ipad / tablet to the camera to use in focusing ?

“To use in focusing”? If you mean remote focusing, not with the 80D. Canon EF lenses are not remotely focused. Not sure whether, or not, the SX60 allows for remote focusing. I would not know.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@HENRYBURTON wrote:

I shoot alot of  macro photography. I have a Canon SX60 and 80D. Is there a way to connect and Ipad / tablet to the camera to use in focusing ?

“To use in focusing”? If you mean remote focusing, not with the 80D. Canon EF lenses are not remotely focused. Not sure whether, or not, the SX60 allows for remote focusing. I would not know.

I think tap to focus should work...  I have used this with my 5D IV.  You can’t “zoom” remotely.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements