cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip To Trumansburgh.

Far-Out-Dude
Rising Star
Rising Star

Some pictures from a trip I took across the lake 2 weeks ago. I am sorry there are not more pictures, I have a hard time trying to figure the right size, had to edit one of the pictures below 6 or 7 times to get it to fit.

Taughannock Falls, part of Taughannock Falls State park in New York State is a 215-foot (66 m) plunge waterfall that is the highest single-drop waterfall east of the Rocky Mountains. 33 ft higher than Niagara Falls. Some information from the parks website, not sure if I can add link or not.

Taughannock Falls State Park's namesake waterfall is one of the outstanding natural attractions of the Northeast. Taughannock Falls plunges 215 feet past rocky cliffs that tower nearly 400 feet above the gorge. Gorge and rim trails offer spectacular views from above the falls and from below at the end of the gorge trail. Campsites and cabins overlook Cayuga Lake, with marina, boat launch and beach nearby. A multi-use trail--hiking, cross-country skiing--winds past sledding slopes and natural skating ponds. 

Mailing Address:
c/o Taughannock Falls State Park
2221 Taughannock Park Rd. Trumansburg, NY 14886

Untitled-41.jpg

Smaller Falls below Taughannock Falls from the front and side.

Untitled-20LRRsized6.jpg364052765_10223378778920164_4453093314379805035_n.jpg

This one is midway between the other two.

Untitled-42resized.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Could you tell what state or park? Interesting photo and stats on the waterfall.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Very sorry about that John, I edited it into the above post. It is part of Taughannock Falls State Park in New York State. I am going to add some additional information above as well.

Thanks. I used to live in Queens, NY. When you mention New York, everyone pictures the city. No one is aware of the natural beauty that exists upstate. A close friend had an uncle that had a dairy farm about 2-3 hours from Queens. Amazing what was there with an abundance of wildlife. In Queens, wild life occurred after 5 PM during happy hour.

John

Yea it is funny, I went to visit family in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma years ago and rode the Greyhound, so it was 3 days to get there. I had brought along some venison jerky so I would not have to pay the price of the food at the stops they stop at. I had shared some and there was this young woman from the inner city of Saint Louis Missouri and I had shared some of the jerky with others but she would not try it because she said it looked like dog poop. Anyway at one point she looks at me dead serious and says "So do you guys just open the windows of the skyscrapers and shoot them right there in Central Park?" I couldn't believe my ears, I was flabbergasted! When I regain my composure I just looked at her and said "Yep, that's how we do it, poor guys on the other side of the building are starving" She looked at me and said "Really?" Everybody that had been listening to this conversation on the bus just lost it right there and started laughing as did I. I will never forget that. I have only been in NYC as a supposed adult once in my life and I got stabbed in the leg, never had a reason to go back.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Let me digress a bit. I was raised on a dairy farm in central Ohio. My mother worked with ladies who thought when you butchered hogs or beef that you just went to the freezer and whacked off a piece of the whole carcass. No clue as cut and wrapped.

John

Yea, people shock me sometimes, I know people that think that woodchucks lay eggs.

Paul836
Enthusiast

Amazing site.Great shoots. But the photos are overexposed. Maybe a little post-processing would have been helpful.

Most people complain they are to dark, I think they are to bright but not over exposed and they have been processed and all the meters said they were right on.

Ok 😊

Announcements