cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Church on Pleasant Ridge

kriscowling
Enthusiast

Pretty little white churches on country roads always catch my eye.  This is the Pleasant Ridge Church and Cemetery on County Road D in the Town of Willow, Richland County, Wisconsin USA.  The church boasts a very active group of volunteers who maintain the cemetery and the church.

Pleasant Ridge Church - Richland County WISPleasant Ridge Church - Richland County WIS

EOS 5Ds with EF 17-40mm f/4L USM at 22mm focal length

1/200 shutter speed @ f/10     ISO 100

Lat/Long: 43°26'17.0"N 90°18'00.3”W     GPS: 43.438056, -90.300083

6 REPLIES 6

Penny4
Enthusiast

Love the quaintness and charm of the Church. Kris are the doors on the side of the building in case of a Tornado?

You are correct, Penny; the angled doors on the right side of the building face lead to a tornado/storm shelter beneath the church.  I’ve never been in the church basement, but I understand that there is a simple kitchen down there as well.  The church hosts a lovely open house every Memorial Day weekend for cemetery visitors.

Penny4
Enthusiast

Thank you, Kris, its beautiful.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Love B&W

Love steeples 

Nice shot 👍

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you, Rick and Penny.  I appreciate the kind words!

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Thanks for sharing. Love the old churches. I often ponder the history the members have witnessed, the good times and the bad, weddings and funerals. Same with old houses.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
click here to view the gallery
Announcements