cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shooting Light and Compact with PowerShot GX cameras

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Sometimes it's nice just to go out with a minimalist kit instead of large, bulky and heavy DSLRs and R-series MILCs.  I was meeting some photography mates down town in Auckland one evening, for something that was really more social that serious photography.  We decided to take a walk along the foreshore of Auckland's Inner Harbour and I was pleasantly reminded that these diminutive little cameras can still deliver:

A Handsome Transom:  This rather classic yacht sits amongst the very modern vessels, with a certain grace, enhanced by the classic cruiser stern.   Canon PS G5X, 37mm, f/8, 1/200sec. ISO-125IMG_8183 VLR copy.jpg

Three of a Kind: These three classic racing yachts have similar bows, but individual bowsprits.  I was attracted by the pattern they formed and the water reflections.   I was also struck by the similar deep turquoise colours rendered by the oxidizing brass fittings, the tape around the painter of the closest vessel, and a painted detail on the far one. 
Canon PS G5X, 32mm, f/11, 1/200sec. ISO-250IMG_8192 VLR  copy.jpg

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
2 REPLIES 2

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Very nice and complements on the composition of the photos. I'm getting to where I try to make a mental picture of a particular scene. I has a Nikon P&S that I carry sometimes on fishing trips rather than carry all the stuff you mention. FWIW, my grandkids are learning to shoot archery. I plan on setting it up on a tripod to record them to look at form, release, etc.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Sounds like a good application!

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements