cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your Macro Photos

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Have you captured an awesome macro photo? Post it here and share the story behind the shot. Be sure to include the Canon gear you used. This photo was captured with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM lens at f/5, 1/160 sec, ISO 100.

FLower-Macro.jpg

173 REPLIES 173

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast

A dragonfly perched on a branch , most likely to scan the area for insects. The raw file was processed in Digital Photo Professional.IMG_1072_Dragonfly.jpg

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast

A dragonfly perched on a branch , most like to scan the area for insects. The raw file was processed in AfterShot Pro 2.IMG_1068_v2_Dragonfly.jpg

We're loving all the detail in these dragonfly photos, ballottasphotog and fatcat!  Awesome work making your subjects stand out!

thanks, with the 18-55mm kit lens.  I would have missed it if I didn't remember to turn my camera to "zero" b/4 turning off (not on the settings for the last photo)

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast
Thank you very much, Danny!

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast

A rare snowfall in southeast, Louisiana covered trees and shrubs with freshly fallen snow.
The raw file was processed in Digital Photo Professional. The tonal curves of the image were tweaked to remove a bluish tint and to more detail in the snow.

Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi

Lens: EFs 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS

AV: f 5.6

TV: 1/30

ISO: 400

IMG_7166_Snow.jpg

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast

As the temperature rose above freezing the icicles started to melt. The raw file was processed in AfterShot Pro2. A curves layer and a histogram layer, in PaintShop Pro, were used to to enhance the tonal range of the image. The picture was also sharpened in PaintShop Pro.

Camera: Canon EOS Digital XSi

Lens: EFs 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II

AV: f:5.6

TV: 1/80

ISO: 400IMG_7300_v2_Icicles.jpg

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast

As the temperature rose above freezing the icicles started to melt. The raw file was processed in Digital Photo Professional. A curves layer and a local tone mapping layer were used to tweak tonal range and to bring out detail in the image. This was done in PaintShop Pro. The image was converted to black and white in PaintShop Pro.

• Lens: EF75-300mm f/4-5.6
  • AV: ƒ/5.6
  • Focal Length:150.0 mm
  • TV: 1/200
  • ISO:1600
  • IMG_2215BW_Icicle.jpg

A couple of bees taken shortly after I bought my 1DM2 back in 2005  100MM F2.8 macroNZ1W1098.JPGNZ1W1100.JPG

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements