cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your Macro Photos

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Have you captured an awesome macro photo? Post it here and share the story behind the shot. Be sure to include the Canon gear you used. This photo was captured with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM lens at f/5, 1/160 sec, ISO 100.

FLower-Macro.jpg

173 REPLIES 173

And another bee and a butterfly.  The butterfly was taken with a 400 F5.6 with the 1.4X extender and handheld at 1/2000.  I was trying to catch a hummingbird when the butterfly got my attention.  I am eagerly looking forward to Spring and more insect images with my new 1DXM2.NZ1W1103.JPGNZ1W9393.JPG

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

@ballottasphotog wrote:

As the temperature rose above freezing the icicles started to melt. The raw file was processed in Digital Photo Professional. A curves layer and a local tone mapping layer were used to tweak tonal range and to bring out detail in the image. This was done in PaintShop Pro. The image was converted to black and white in PaintShop Pro.

• Lens: EF75-300mm f/4-5.6
  • AV: ƒ/5.6
  • Focal Length:150.0 mm
  • TV: 1/200
  • ISO:1600
  • IMG_2215BW_Icicle.jpg

This is a brilliant macro shot. I really like how the water droplets convey movement which makes the photo much more interesting to look at. Great processing too.

Andrew
Nature Photography Hobbyist / Enthusiast
Canon EOS Rebel T6i

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast

A dragonfly rests on a branch.

The image was taken with a Canon EOS Rebel XSi and an EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III lens. The exposure settings were f/5.6, shutter speed of 1/1000" and at an ISO of 1600. The raw file was processed in Digital Photo Professional.

IMG_8859_Dragonfly.jpg

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast

A dragonfly rests on a branch.

The image was taken with a Canon EOS Rebel XSi and an EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III lens. The exposure settings were f/5.6, shutter speed of 1/800" and at an ISO of 1600. The raw file was processed in AfterShot Pro 2.

IMG_8855_v1_Dragonfly.jpg

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast

Purple Wood Sorrels.

A cluster of small purple or lavender flowers are a sign that spring is here.

The image was taken with a Canon EOS Rebel XSi and an EFs 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens. The exposure settings were f/8, shutter speed of 1/250" and at an ISO of 400. The raw file was processed in Digital Photo Professional.The raw file was processed in Digital Photo Professional. The tonal range was adjusted in PaintShop Pro, using a curves layer. The chromatic aberrations were removed in PaintShop Pro.

IMG_8838_Purple Wood Sorrel.jpg

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast

A hoverfly feeds on a fleabane.

A Canon EOS Rebel XSi with an EF-s 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS lens.   +4 and   +2 close up diopters were used in this macro shot. The raw file was processed in Digital Photo Professional.

The post editing was done in PaintShop Pro. A curves layer with a soft light blending mode was used to enhance the image. The hoverfly was lightened and the tonal range was adjusted in a curves layer with a screen blending mode.

IMG_8830_Hoverfly.jpg

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast

This photograph of a thistle was taken with an EOS Rebel T 5 with an EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II lens and two diopters (+4 and +2).  The raw file was processed in Digital Photo Professional.

IMG_2556_Thistle.jpg

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast

The Philadelphia fleabanes announce the coming of spring with their blooms.

The image was taken with an EF-S EOS 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II lens with two diopters (+4 and +2). The raw file was processed in Digital Photo Professional. A curves layer (PaintShop Pro) was used to adjust the tonal range.

IMG_2509_Philadelphia Fleabane.jpg

The above spider reminds me of something.  “Kilroy Was Here”

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements