cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your Macro Photos

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Have you captured an awesome macro photo? Post it here and share the story behind the shot. Be sure to include the Canon gear you used. This photo was captured with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM lens at f/5, 1/160 sec, ISO 100.

FLower-Macro.jpg

173 REPLIES 173

@fatcat

You have captured something I rarely see in macro photos.  It's an action shot!  Nice!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

fatcat, or I mean Miss Liz !

I love the color.  What are the particulars of the shot?  Macro can be a fun part of the hobby for sure.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

evermind

"...  it seems you've know one another for years..."

I know! Whew.... Smiley Very Happy

He is just a good guy. Not too common on inter web forums these days but nice.

EB

@fatcat wrote:

Thanks guys.  I guess I forgot to write down  the details (thought I did)  Just used the kit lens 18-55mm, iso200,1/125 in AV mode around 4pm.  No filter.  Processed on PicMonkey adj sharpness a touch and vingette.

He flew in after we got all our peppers in so I ran in for the camera. ( It's all still new to me, but more to come as I just got my 50mm + magn. filters.  Not the best, but we will see.  Subject matter crutial.)  Haven't seen this little guy since. I appreciate the kind words.  Processing is a new realm for me, takes a while to figure it all out.  Macro and light painting is the direction inspires me, so wish me luck.  I have to ask do you and Bob know eachother?  With the banter between you it seems you've know one another for years...

We all know each other from this forum only, anywhere from a few months to a couple of years. We're drawn together as users of Canon products with a love of photography. We range from those like Ernie Biggs, who had a long career as a professional photographer and graphics designer, to the likes of me, who somehow floundered into becoming the semi-official photographer of a moderately well-known city in the Boston area, It's easy to understate the significance of the Internet, but some of us are old enough to remember when the idea of daily conversations with people of similar interests on the other side of the world was an absurdity. It's unlikely that any of us will ever meet in person, but we enjoy the interaction and spend, truth be told, way too much time banging away at our keyboards. We'll be pleased if you decide to join us and perfectly understanding if you don't.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Ditto.

EB

Bob and Ernie,

Thanks, grateful to be a part of a community that appreciates cannon and photography. U 2 are allot of fun, I've learned allot from you 2 and appreciate your expertise. Posted a question 4 u 2 in eos re: lenses. Thank you for the invite to your special group. and thanks for all the help, Im very new to this. (a month or so) I am trying to be a sponge and absorb as much info as possible.  You guys are funny!  I love the banter.  And besides that, E.Bigg's wife has an outstanding name! lol (not to mention my gramps name was Ernest, so you have a great name too)

I appreciate all the expertise from those who have done it, know all the in's and outs, and willing to share.

I live out on the west coast  (Or) in a small town where there's not a lot to do, and all the photography shops closed when everything went digital. Thanks for helping out a newbie.

Sometimes it's hard to find the messages on this site, kinda have to look for them.

anyway, appreciate the kind words,

your new friend,

Liz

"It's unlikely that any of us will ever meet in person, but we enjoy the interaction and spend, truth be told, way too much time banging away at our keyboards"

Of course ya neva know! We have talked about a trip to Boston for the history sites. Neither of us have been east much.

My time at 'banging' the keyboard is pretty limited to an hour or so in the morning (coffee time), or most mornings that is.

I picked up another wedding.  This makes 4 so far this year and I told myself that 4 was all I would do in a year since retirement. Hmmm, it's June.

I'm jist a guy who cain't say no,
I'm in a turrible fix.
I always say "come on, le's go"
Jist when I orta say nix!

I never make a complaint
till its to late for restraint
then when i wanno i caint
I caint say no!

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"It's unlikely that any of us will ever meet in person, but we enjoy the interaction and spend, truth be told, way too much time banging away at our keyboards"

Of course ya neva know! We have talked about a trip to Boston for the history sites. Neither of us have been east much.

My time at 'banging' the keyboard is pretty limited to an hour or so in the morning (coffee time), or most mornings that is.

I picked up another wedding.  This makes 4 so far this year and I told myself that 4 was all I would do in a year since retirement. Hmmm, it's June.

I'm jist a guy who cain't say no,
I'm in a turrible fix.
I always say "come on, le's go"
Jist when I orta say nix!

I never make a complaint
till its to late for restraint
then when i wanno i caint
I caint say no!

Yeah, but the nice thing about retirement gigs is that you can justify plowing every cent you make back into photographic equipment.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I had a little better luck today. What do you think? F6.3 iso200  1/160  higer fstop seemd to help w/ field of focus.  I tried to crop on pixlr, but wouldn't save it at that size for some reason, I could see his eyelashes and pupil. (in focus)

What about an extention tube w/ the 50mm?  would that still put you at 3" away to focus?  L.bee

Announcements