cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your Astrophotography Photos

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Are you a fan of astrophotography? Post your favorite photo you've taken and share the story behind it. Be sure to include the Canon gear you used.

Astrophotography

91 REPLIES 91

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Is this one "Astrophotography"? 8^)

I took this in Albuquerque NM during the May 20th 2012 Eclipse. It was taken with a T3i and Sigma 150-500, without a sun filter. I had taken many with the filter, but as the sun set, it darkened enough to take the filter off.

182.JPG

@kvbarkley wrote:

Is this one "Astrophotography"? 8^)

Sure is! Astrophotography is the imaging of celestial objects such as the Sun, Moon, planets, comets, stars, clusters, nebulae and galaxies. Astrophotography captures the beauty and majesty of the night sky and wonders of the universe.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

blood moon.jpg

Multiple exposure of the last "Blood Moon" in Sept. 27th, 2015.

Camera is my EOS 1D Mk IV.  The best camera I have ever owned.  Smiley Happy

Lens is a SIgma S 150-600mm f5-6.3 @ 600mm

Exposure varies, of course, as the Moon changed. They ranged from ISO 100 to ISO 3200.

Aperture values also varied from f6.3 to f11

Shutter speed was from 1/100 to 2 sec.

The heavy 1D Mk IV and super zoom lens was mounted to a Manfrotto 501 tripod.

RAW files were processed in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshp.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Peter
Authority
Authority

http://kameratrollet.se/2015/10/02/manuppgang-over-angelholm/

6D and 70-200/2,8IS II. Was actually taking some pictures of WW2 bunkers but got that picture on my way to the car.

Hi Peter!

Amazing! Some of the best photo opportunities present themselves when you least expect them. Can you tell us what settings you used for this one?

"lindam" did not share his/her settings! 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"lindam" did not share his/her settings! 

In my experience, it isn't exactly trivial to keep the Exif data from being stripped off when posting to this or any other forum. If you have some suggestions as to how to get around that difficulty, I'm probably not the only one who would like to hear them.

I believe this came up once before, in a different thread. I forget just what was said; but I seem to recall that the methods discussed were considered unreliable.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@inactive010823 wrote:

Hi Peter!

Amazing! Some of the best photo opportunities present themselves when you least expect them. Can you tell us what settings you used for this one?

regex.info/exif.cgi and you will see almost everything.

Just got a new Canon 70D and a tripod. Looking forward to capturing some great astrophotography photos and sharing them here. I need to watch a few more tutorials on YouTube before I give it a shot.

Announcements