Enthusiast

AUtumnroad small.jpg

CameraCanon EOS R6
Lens modelRF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
Shutter speed1/80
Aperturef/22
Focal length105 mm
ISO2000

 Embark on a mesmerizing journey down this winding road enveloped by autumn's fiery palette. As the leaves transform into a myriad of reds, oranges, and yellows, the air turns crisp, inviting travelers to revel in the ephemeral beauty of fall. This scenic route, a perfect blend of tranquility and vibrancy, offers a spectacular visual feast, showcasing nature's grand finale before winter's slumber. Whether you're seeking inspiration, solace, or adventure, this autumnal path is a testament to nature's artistry, inviting wanderers and photographers alike to capture the essence of the season.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

There are two aspects to this image, one of which I love, the other not so much:
The former is the location and composition for the image - as an ex-engineer, I am slightly bemused by the numerous curves bordering on chicanes that mark the progress of the road, and the I like the composition in capturing them.
I realize that the image has every right to be interpretive, but I sense the red and orange sliders have been moved a lot to emphasize them, and I would love to see a more natural version of this composition.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

JFG
Rising Star
Rising Star

I like the composition, the curves and symmetry.  Having road raced, both motorcycles and sport cars, curves bring back the desire to hug the road once more. However, I  agree with Trevor the hue, red and orange have been a bit overdone to the point that the double yellow lines dividing the road have become reddish orange.  I recommend doing area/spot coloring so that the yellows don't become orange red and other colors maintain their hue.  Nevertheless, a picture is interpretive to the artist and viewer.

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

There are two aspects to this image, one of which I love, the other not so much:
The former is the location and composition for the image - as an ex-engineer, I am slightly bemused by the numerous curves bordering on chicanes that mark the progress of the road, and the I like the composition in capturing them.
I realize that the image has every right to be interpretive, but I sense the red and orange sliders have been moved a lot to emphasize them, and I would love to see a more natural version of this composition.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the image! I completely agree with your observation about the curves and composition—it really highlights the engineering aspect, which I find fascinating. However, like you, I also feel the color enhancement is a bit overdone. A more natural color palette might better capture the true beauty of the scene. I appreciate your insights on this

JFG
Rising Star
Rising Star

I like the composition, the curves and symmetry.  Having road raced, both motorcycles and sport cars, curves bring back the desire to hug the road once more. However, I  agree with Trevor the hue, red and orange have been a bit overdone to the point that the double yellow lines dividing the road have become reddish orange.  I recommend doing area/spot coloring so that the yellows don't become orange red and other colors maintain their hue.  Nevertheless, a picture is interpretive to the artist and viewer.

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams

kriscowling
Enthusiast

Lovely image!

Highway 42 in northern Door County, near Northport and the ferry?

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I caught the many curves- why? Colors are vivid but, to me, a bit unnatural.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
Announcements