cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Mandevilla Flowers, Hummingbirds Nectar!

JFG
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hey everyone,

Yesterday I got the Canon ER-KE Eyecup for the EOS R5 Mark II.  It is bigger than I expected, however, after putting it on the R5 M2 it really made a difference in blocking glare, especially for someone like me that wears glasses.  After reading the installation instructions on the Canon Advanced Users Guide, I installed it, and it went on very easily.  I tried taking it off, as the instructions stated, and it came off just as easily.  One thing, when the ER-KE Eyecup is on, you can't open the viewfinder screen unless the ER-KE Eyecup is removed.  However, it goes on easily and it comes of just as easy, therefore not really a problem.  I plan to use mine to more accurately calibrate the Eye Control AF focus.  I did calibrate it when I first got the R5 M2, and it calibrated just fine.  However, the instructions states that one should calibrate indoors and outdoors under different lighting to fine tune the calibration as the AI learns the more you calibrate it.  So I will use the ER-KE Eyecup when calibrating the R5 M2 outdoors and when shooting wildlife as it really does eliminate all glare.  It's a good piece of equipment to have.  Below are a couple of red Mandevilla flowers that I took with the R5 Mark II.  (I'm still learning) 😉

Red Mandevilla  R5 M2 150-600mm  ISO 6400  f6.3  SS 1/1250Red Mandevilla R5 M2 150-600mm ISO 6400 f6.3 SS 1/1250

Red Mandevilla  R5 M2  ISO 6400  f6.3  SS 1/1250Red Mandevilla R5 M2 ISO 6400 f6.3 SS 1/1250

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams
1 REPLY 1

TomRamsey
Enthusiast