Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowing where to stand

zakslm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

IMG_3449j.JPG

Some of you have in your signature line the quote from Ansel Adams (and I am paraphrasing) "A good photographer knows where to stand."

This shot may be an example of that but I think I may have been more "lucky than good".  

I did not have my camera set up the way I like it in that I forgot to set my the Image Quality of my captures to "RAW" from the default JPG setting which would have allowed me to fine tune the image in post, did not have my longest lens on the camera that would have eliminated the need to crop the image as much as I did and didn't have the exposure settings where they probably should have been for this shot.  However I was more or less fortunate to be in the right place at the right time and "knowing where to stand".  

I went out to my backyard with the intention of taking some test shots and to see if there might be anything compelling to photograph.  I saw the neighborhood roadrunner hop out of my neighbor's yard and on to the wall and quickly grabbed a couple of shots before he scampered away beyond the reasonable reach of lens on my camera.  I've been trying to get a decent shot of this guy for a while now but have not had the opportunity to do so.  I may have have finally been standing in the right place to do so.

1 REPLY 1

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Good photo with the crest standing erect. Have some photos of a roadrunner when in New Mexico. If you had waited, you could have a photo of Wile E. Coyote.😉

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
click here to view the gallery
Announcements