cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a little advice with EOS 70D and macro lens 70-300mm

KellyKellyKelly
Contributor

I got out early this morning to get some good closeup shots of some of my agate collection and I still need some practice and or a remote shutter. It has been a while since I last used my camera and a recent illness has left me a bit shakey but I have been able to try to hold the lens and using my head, while looking through the view finder, to hold the camera steady and minimize any shake on my part. Some turned out pretty good:IMG_0766.JPGIMG_0768.JPGIMG_0757.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Well done on these shots, especially considering your current challenges.  Personally, I use the viewfinder to ensure I have 3 points of contact when shooting unless my camera is tripod-mounted and I am using a remote release of some kind.

I hope your recovery continues and you can continue to enjoy your photographic journey.  Do share some more images with us so we can appreciate your efforts.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Well done on these shots, especially considering your current challenges.  Personally, I use the viewfinder to ensure I have 3 points of contact when shooting unless my camera is tripod-mounted and I am using a remote release of some kind.

I hope your recovery continues and you can continue to enjoy your photographic journey.  Do share some more images with us so we can appreciate your efforts.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks, Tronhard 

I do use the viewfinder to adjust the focus plus I recently got a shutter release and started using it today Smiley Very Happy

Will post pictures soon.

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Those are some nice images of a difficult to photograph subject.   Lighting and depth of field really complicate macro photography.  The remote shutter release will definitely prove helpful!

Looking forward to more images from you.  It reminds me that I need to get some much better photos of a geodized Crinoid which my daughter found when I took her to collect geodes in Iowa last year.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements