Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: How is this mirror illusion done?

It's not a mirror, that's the illusion.
Occasional Contributor

The mirror illusion looks great. Inclined to think it is not Photoshop.

New Contributor

I believe that what's confusing some people about this image is that the mirror is actually tilted towards the girl, not the camera, and turned so the ground reflected is to the left of the camera, not the right. Because it's tilted back, the reflection of her right leg is low enough that her actual leg is blocking it from view and her left leg is not reflected because it's behind the mirror. Her finger tips are not visible in the reflection because of the mirror is turned away from her left hand and her right hand fingers are barely touching it except maybe for the "ring" finger. It seems to be extended a bit further than the others so if there's a higher resolution version of the image and you zoomed in on it you might it's reflection just under the actual finger.

Honored Contributor

Any image editing software can do similar stuff.

EB32444B-0763-4711-BB3B-069B73712FDE.jpeg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."