cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is this mirror illusion done?

ilzho
Rising Star

This is a famous pic and I have heard that the artist said that it wasn't photoshopped.

I think the artist used the clone tool or something similar to get to the background on the mirror. 2 pictures, one with the artist and one without.

Was this mirror photoshopped or were mulitlpe mirrors used?

Thank you,

David

illusionMirror-7.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

Mik3e4
Apprentice
It's not a mirror, that's the illusion.

Uzmas
Contributor
The mirror illusion looks great. Inclined to think it is not Photoshop.

Den_ThePen
Apprentice

I believe that what's confusing some people about this image is that the mirror is actually tilted towards the girl, not the camera, and turned so the ground reflected is to the left of the camera, not the right. Because it's tilted back, the reflection of her right leg is low enough that her actual leg is blocking it from view and her left leg is not reflected because it's behind the mirror. Her finger tips are not visible in the reflection because of the mirror is turned away from her left hand and her right hand fingers are barely touching it except maybe for the "ring" finger. It seems to be extended a bit further than the others so if there's a higher resolution version of the image and you zoomed in on it you might it's reflection just under the actual finger.

Any image editing software can do similar stuff.

EB32444B-0763-4711-BB3B-069B73712FDE.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements