cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Anole

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Green Anole (Anolis carolinensis) enjoying the sugar water I put out for the hummingbirds. Of course, the hummingbirds don't like intruders. This was shot in the late evening sun and I metered the bright lizard to get a dark background.

EOS R5 and RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM: 1/1000th, f/7.1, ISO 200, dist.=6', partial metering.

Green anole (Anolis carolinensis)Green anole (Anolis carolinensis)

Newton

6 REPLIES 6

geraldine198
Apprentice

Wow! Its just amazing. what a shot. SpotifyPie

Thank you, Geraldine!

Newton

ccanada
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wow! Excellent capture. I didn't notice the hummingbird in the background at first.

Thank you, Chris! That is a male Ruby-throated hummingbird that kept peeking around the feeder and buzzing the anole to shoo it off. Not your normal bokeh for sure, and why I posted it 🙂

Newton

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Lovely image Newton - I think the exposure is bang on and you caught the intruder at a good moment in relation to the dark area of the feeder.  The red makes it quite dramatic.  Also, appreciate you sharing the EXIF data and the scientific name!

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you, Trevor! As always, it's great to read your comments.

Newton

click here to view the gallery
Announcements