cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brasstown Bald, Georgia

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

This is the highest mountain in Georgia at 4,784 ft. Due to the altitude and snowfall, it is closed from about November 1st to early spring. One can see four states on a clear day. One of our favorite places to visit. It's a long and steep walk to the top but for a couple of bucks, one can ride a mini bus to the top. There is an interesting visitor's center and small museum. It's located in NE GA near the towns of Blairsville and Hiawassee. It was a cloudy, hazy day. Should have used CP filter? Specs: Canon T7, f/20, 1/50, ISO-100, +0.3 step. Critique is welcome.IMG_8911 (2).JPG

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

A CP filter might have helped.  Also, you could try judicious use of the haze filter in Photoshop to see what that yields.  Looks like you are above clouds or mist from your vantage point.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Trevor, thanks. I'll fire up the PSE tomorrow as I have some other photos to edit for practice. Yes, the altitude was such that we were above most clouds. I have always been told I have my head in the clouds. Can't understand why?

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
Announcements