cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bald Eagles visiting

ibskiing
Contributor

Took these pics this past Saturday at Lake Cheney just west of Wichita, KS.IMG_1440.JPGIMG_1433.JPG

IMG_1499.JPGIMG_1443.JPGIMG_1451.JPGIMG_1505.JPGIMG_1463.JPG

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Great efforts!  Bald eagles are such majestic birds and they are a joy just to watch.

I see you were using the T5 or T5i, but what lens or lenses were you using for these captures? I suspect they have been fairly heavily cropped.  Didn't you get a Canon 80D recently to replace your T5 - how did that go?

I find it always helpful when I publish images to give the info from the EXIF such as camera, lens, focal lenght, shutter speed, f-stop and ISO.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you.  Yes I did just purchase a refurb D80.  The lens I use is a:  Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS USM Zoom Lens. 

So I do have a good lens, cost quite a bit more than I paid for my Rebel. And yes these pics were cropped but I still had to resize them quit a bit to load them.  So they lost a little quality in the transition.

I was stuggling getting focused pics of the Eagles in flight, hoping my new D80 does a better job.  I have taken several stills and various focus settings.  The D80 has so many options, from 45 pt, zone to 1 pt focus.  Trying to determine, which setting is best for each pic.  The beauty of a digital, is you just take a ton of pics and keep the good ones. I recently took an awesome pic of a Northern Cardinal.  Very clear and detailed.

Any tips and suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks,

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements