Canon Community Canon Community

Super Contributor

BATS!

[ Edited ]

I shot these saveral years back. They kept flying over my head, so I thought what the heck, I'll give it a go. To get focus, I focused where I thought they would be and snapped away Smiley Happy

I think these are Evening bats, but not quite sure because I just don't know my bats, LOL.

If you don't have a plugin: 7D mark II and 70-300mm L II @ 70mm.

Evening Bat

Evening Bat

Super Contributor

Re: BATS!

Unique photo. What speed, aperature and ISO? Curious. I'm working on getting more adept at action photos.

Super Contributor

Re: BATS!

[ Edited ]

@Tintype_18 wrote:

Unique photo. What speed, aperature and ISO? Curious. I'm working on getting more adept at action photos.

I cheated with this one, well, not really cheating, using the flash is just one of the ways to freeze action, just not typically used for birds and bats. I don't recall why, but I used "P" mode to help get these shots. It's not a mode I normally use. SS1/60th, f/4, ISO 400, and used the built in flash. If you want to study action shots on this forum, look at Rodgers, user name