Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anna's Hummingbird at Rest

zakslm
Rising Star
Rising Star

IMG_4321j.JPG

F8, 1/500th Sec, ISO 400, @ 250mm.  Fill flash @ high speed sync. 

Rebel T7, EF-S 55-250 IS II, EX430EX

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Definitely the easier time to catch them.  Nice shot!

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you Trevor!

I believe this particular hummingbird is a female and seems to like to visit from dawn until mid-morning, coming and going as she pleases.  She's visited so often, I've taken to calling her "Ella Fitzgerald" because I think Ella Fitzgerald hummed or sang in "skat" so why not name a hummingbird after her?

I've read that male Anna's Hummingbirds are territorial and defend their territory but nothing about females being territorial.  Ella does seem to be territorial and isn't camera shy.  This morning she was posing again and of course, I took some photos of her.  I will try to keep my future postings of Ella or her friends to a minimum and instead bore my family and friends with mutiple backyard hummingbird photos.

Regards,

LZ 

IMG_4403j2.JPG

IMG_4408j.JPG

Announcements