cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageFormula R40 Office Document Scanner - ImageCapture Application consistently crashes

shauns-cit
Apprentice

Hello,

I am currently running into an issue, where my user is trying to scan multiple pages from the "ImageCapture" application, but inconsistent crashes/not loading modules after performing a single scan job.

When the user launches the program, they can perform their initial/first scan with no issues. Within the "ImageCapture" application, there is an "Edit" button, which allows the user to specify the location (in Finder) where the user can save their document.

If the user attempts an additional scan after the first job, the module either doesn't load correctly, or the application crashes. I have attempted to re-download the TWAIN/R40 drivers from Canon's website, power-cycle the scanner and reboot the machine multiple times, but the same issue persists (Link: https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/imageformula-r40-office-document-scanner#idReference%3Dsoftware-...

The user working in a macOS environment (M1 Chip) OS 12.6.2. I have given the application "Full Disk" permissions within the "Security and Privacy" settings on the device. Any help/guidance would be appreciated 

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on the steps you have taken, we will have to recommend that you call our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions at 1-800-423-2366, Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST (excluding holidays). We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause; however, these steps need to be provided by phone with a technician assisting you through them.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements