cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know what this is?

jellenf
Apprentice

I found this among my stuff and have no idea what it is. I think it belongs to the digital camera I got years ago.  Do you know what it is? (it doesn't have any ports;  it has a little white box with a serial number inside; the plug at the end of the cord fits into a hole in the camera; and the tab with the arrow is just for opening it.)

Canon Digital Camera Accessory IMG_1996.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The serial number helps.  We looked up the letter portion of it and found that it matches up with the CanoScan LiDE 700F scanner.  That part appears to be the Film Adapter Unit which allows allows the user to backlight filmstrips and slides as they're being scanned.

Here's a portion of the instruction manual for the CanoScan LiDE 700F which references it and shows it in action.  Hope this helps!

3.JPG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, jellenf!

Do you know which Canon camera model it was?  Any additional information will help the Community answer your question!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Power Shot A530

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Also, what is on the other side?  Are there any ID markings on it, like a model number or a serial number?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Nothing on the other side, but the little rectangular box inside has Serial Number KDSA[xxxxx].

[Numerical portion of serial number hidden to protect privacy.]

The serial number helps.  We looked up the letter portion of it and found that it matches up with the CanoScan LiDE 700F scanner.  That part appears to be the Film Adapter Unit which allows allows the user to backlight filmstrips and slides as they're being scanned.

Here's a portion of the instruction manual for the CanoScan LiDE 700F which references it and shows it in action.  Hope this helps!

3.JPG

Thank you!  I also see the mistakes I made in going about this so have learned a lot.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements