cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 400 not found

AgentJanJan
Apprentice

I have a Canon LiDe 400 scanner and have completed the installation of Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite on my Mac and I plugged in my scanner when it told me to do so.  The installation said everything was fine and complete.  But when I went to open the software, it could not locate my scanner and I just got a message that it "Cannot communicate with scanner".  Does anyone know what to do with this?  There is no power button on this scanner so it is nothing so simple as that.  And there are no options in the software to select an appropriate scanner without opening the software.  And I cannot open the software without communicating with the scanner.  Catch 22.  I would appreciate any suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, AgentJanJan!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of macOS is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Danny!

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.  The software running on my MacOS is Sonoma 14.4.1 and was up to date the last time I checked (just now).  IJ Scan Utility installed a folder in my Applications folder called "IJ Scan Utility" and within it is the program called "Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite".  There seems to be no way to alter settings or instal the scanner.  Is there?  Does the scanner need to be installed separately?  Can this scanner run with this version of MacOS?  How do I get the software to detect the scanner?

Kind regards,

JanJan

Announcements