cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zebra's after 85% don't work.

scottwild
Apprentice

I'm using a C70 and the Zebra 2 setting works great all the way up to 85%, but as soon as I select 90% or higher, they disappear. Does anyone know what is going on?

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I don't own this unit myself so cannot try it out.   In looking in the User Manual, there's some info in the Troubleshooting section on page 184.   Though I would have assumed that would affect the display of any zebras and not zebras at specific levels.

If you say crank up the gain/ISO, will zebras eventually show when at 90% or higher?

Maybe you'll need to do a reset of settings?  Though I would strongly recommend first saving the current set of settings to an SD card for safekeeping.  Though do note the settings that will ultimately not be stored.  See page 117 of the User Manual.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Just caught a video that explained a bit about zebras on the C70.  Are you shooting perhaps in Canon Log 2? If so, that seems to affect the zebras.  Whereas if not capturing in log, then zebra settings above 85% seem to work.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

That is correct. I just learned that zebras don't work after 85% with C-Log2 because they if you were to apply a lut to them they would clip like they are at 100%. So yeah, 85% is the clipping point of highlights in C-Log2.

Announcements