cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Keep HF R42 with CT-V1 Responsive after Long Inactivity

Brodeck
Apprentice

I want to set up a tripod in church, with the CT-V1 pan cradle and my Vixia HF R42 attached.

I will have set the initial direction and focus of recording before the church service, and will then leave it alone without recording yet.

After maybe an hour of inactivity later, I need to access it remotely with my iPhone 6 and start recording after final adjustments.

How do I keep the R42 and CT-V1 responsive to commands after an hour of inactivity??

Thanks again for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Brodeck,

The easiest way to maintain contact with your camcorder is to turn off it's "Auto Power Off" menu option.

To access this setting, in the menu, choose the Screwdriver & Hammer icon, then choose the Wrench icon. Now, scroll down to and select, "Auto Power Off" and switch its setting to "Off".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Brodeck,

The easiest way to maintain contact with your camcorder is to turn off it's "Auto Power Off" menu option.

To access this setting, in the menu, choose the Screwdriver & Hammer icon, then choose the Wrench icon. Now, scroll down to and select, "Auto Power Off" and switch its setting to "Off".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements