cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need full EOS Utility Installer for OSX 10.8.3 - not the updater

CoParq
Apprentice

Hello: I'm a video pro working with a photography studio that has just purchased a C100. I need to install the EOS Utility in order to load picture profiles, etc.  The download for OSX is only an updater. Does anyone have advice where I can get a full installer for the laptops & tower? The studio has several Canon DSLRs but hasn't used the EOS Utility in their workflow.

Thank you for your time.

1 REPLY 1

CoParq
Apprentice

Okay - I am not crazy - just wrapping my head around the C100 & not a hardcore Canon DSLR Shooter.

MUCH Thanks to Ed Meyers of Canon for helping clarify a few things for me!

1. C100 uses Custom Pictures - Canon DSLRs use Picture Styles 

2. C100 Custom Pictures are manipulated & saved in-camera, DSLRs utilitze EOS Utility to load Picture Styles

3. C100 has three native in-camera setting - Standard (matches 5d,) WIDE, CINEMA

4. C100 card structure file format is like the 5d. With AVCHD it's inherent that the wrapper identifies the clips natively to FCPX, Premiere Pro as 29.97 UFFi - you need to go to an external recorder or transcode the clips to get their appropriate progressive format.

I am still deciding what my workflow will be for Premiere Pro CS6 with transcoding if I don't opt for an external recorder. I am considering ClipWrap right now.

Thank you.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements