cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI flickering issue w/Canon C-100 MK2 & Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle

MrVoid
Apprentice

Hello. 

I have been attempting to capture video from a C-100 & a C-100 MKII directly into a 2012 MacBook Pro (running Yosemite) as follows - 

C-100 or C-100MKII > HDMI cable > Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle > Thunderbolt cable > 2012 MacBook Pro w/Blackmagic Media Express Software

The C-100 works great, no issues so far with setup. However the MkII causes a choppy black flickering that begins several minutes after connecting and then remains for the duration of the connection.

Anyone else have this experience with MKII? Possible solutions, aside from not using it? Have thoroughly reviewed & experimented with settings, and haven't been able to fix the issue.

Regards.. J.V

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

MrVoid, 

From the sound of things it might be a Codec or supported Plugin from within either the Blackmagic or its companion software.  I might start the process by checking with them to see if they've released any type of updates that specifically support the EOS C300 Mark II as it's such a new model.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

SteveJF
Apprentice
I can confirm I've experienced the same issue with the same equipment setup working with an AV team at an event attempting to live stream. We didn't find a solution despite trying a wide combination of cables, connection ideas.

The picture from the C100mk2 was stable going into a switcher and straight into a monitor which suggests some incompatibility with the BM box or software but no amount of playing with the settings resolved this.

I experienced flickering with the C100 mkii via HDMI to BM HDMI to SDI converter into Blackmagic Television Studio HD.

I took the unit into Canon service to replace the HDMI connector.  Now the second Cam (another C100 mkii) is experiencing the same issue.  I'm looking for solutions to this. Anyone?

Announcements