cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS C70 Locating RAW files on SD card and exporting them to XF Utility

freddie00
Contributor

Hello,

I have taken some footage on the c70 using the raw lt setting. I am not sure where it lives on the SD card. I can view the the footage when the sd is in camera, naturally, but when I connect to computer and open XF utility, I see only my non-raw footage. The question is simple, where are the files and how do I get them on my computer? Please and thank you friends.

Fred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, I typically duplicate the entire card's contents to my computer (external drive) which is also then backed up to a separate drive.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite

What computer and software are you using to work with the RAW footage?  Personally I use Final Cut Pro along with Canon's Cinema RAW Lite Plugin.

On the media cards, the RAW files (.CRM extension) are found in /CRM/REEL_NNN/  where NNN is a three digit value.

--
Ricky

I hadn't made it that far yet but I suppose I was going to try premiere pro. It appears the old XF utility doesn't recognize raw so what to you do to export just copy/ paste the whole directory on the SD card to your computer?

Yes, I typically duplicate the entire card's contents to my computer (external drive) which is also then backed up to a separate drive.

--
Ricky

Thabks I'll do that

I am still dealing with Adobe on why it is not recognizing the CRM files (raw footage) in the directory I've copied to my device. I realize you are using a different application any chance you've worked with premiere? Their forum/ tech supyis not so helpful. I think I'll make another post here soliciting responses from Canon users that use premiere if you don't have experience with that as the Adobe community is not really there.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements