cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Canon EOS C300 mxf files to Apple ProRes 422

Jeny
Apprentice

How do I convert Canon C300 mxf files to Apple ProRes 422 for editing in FCP 7.0?  Can someone recommend a converter?  The Canon XF plugin does not appear to support the newer C300 record format (1920X1080, 23.976fps), at least for FCP version 7.0.  I went so far as downloading it from Canon's page, but then got a warning during installation.

5 REPLIES 5

Mykolas
Authority

Hi Jeny!

Thank you for posting.  There are many conversion applications available on the market.  We do not test third party conversion applications with our files directly, so we cannot make any recommendations as to which specific application to use, but we recommend doing an internet search to see what you are able to find.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

kayla
Apprentice

To edit MXF files in FCP, you will need to convert the video format because MXF could not be recognized by FCP. In this case, Aunsoft TrandMXF for Mac is a good choice. It could easily and quickly convert MXF/P2 MXF to ProRes mov for editing in FCP. The converted videos are in high quality and perfect video/audio sychronization.

jaroleen
Contributor
You can Using Canon XF Plugin Softwares.For Canon XF Utility, you have to go to website to download by following the step: Open the Canon C300 product page and click “Drivers & Software“, choose your operating System and OS Version, then you will find the “Canon XF Utility 1.3.1 for Mac OS X” in the “Software” category.

I use  UFUSoft MXF Converter for Mac to solve MXF questions, and have used for a period of time, I think it is as good, so I want to share with you. it offers special formats ProRes 422 MOV for editting MXF videos in FCP, so I think it can help you.

Janekong
Enthusiast

I suggest you update your FCP 7 to FCPX, then you don't have any converters or plugin. The FCPX can support MXF files nativately.

Announcements