cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open CR3 files from EOS R5 C on MacPro running latest update with Adobe CC

digitalsam1975
Apprentice

Hello, I am running a MacPro 2013 with the latest version of the OS (12.5.1).

I have the latest version of Photoshop (23.0.1) and Lightroom Classic (11.0).

I cannot use Lightroom because we are not allowed on the cloud.

I Just purchased an R5C, but am unable to open/process the .CR3 files.

the camera firmware has been updated.

I am fairly limited on the types of third party software I can download, but wondered if anyone has had the same issue and how you fixed it?

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

They might not support it yet. Try Canon's DPP.

That is crazy. Canon released the .CR3 in 2018. 

As of may 2022 macOS Monterey did not support the R5C. I haven't been able to find a later listing.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

While the formats are .cr3, each camera must be supported separately. Each camera has a different color profile and characteristic curve which are not included in the .cr3 and must be applied on a per camera basis.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

.CR3 is supported natively in DPP and also in DxO PhotoLab (my editor of choice).  While I support iOS, MAC's and Adobe products, I don't use them for personal photography. You can try Camera Raw, which might allow you to open or convert .CR3 for use in Photoshop.   

If this is a work laptop and the R5 C is being used for business, I'm sure your IT dept can help.  If you are using your work laptop for personal photography, then maybe its time to buy something to support this endeavor.

Camera Raw 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements