cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I shoot Rec.709 on C100 mk ii?

Elsie803
Apprentice

Hi there,

I am trying to see if it is possible to shoot Rec.709 on my C100.  I see that I can shoot in C-log and then apply a Rec.709 LUT in post, but is there a way to shoot in camera? One fellah on YouTube says the color profile EOS Standard is Rec 709 but I don't see this listed anywhere reputable. Is the Wide DR setting my best bet for in camera capture?

I have been asked to help on a production where all cameras are shooting Rec.709 so I need to match.

Thanks all!

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I think so.  It appears that the Normal 3 conforms to BT.709 (see page 114 of the User Manual).

If recording to an external monitor over HDMI, a BT.709 LUT can be applied (see page 138)

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks- I will double check the user manual just so I am familiar with it.  I appreciate the response 🙂

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

Using my C100 mk2, all files, whether recorded internally to SD or externally to my Atomos Ninja, are reported as being REC 709. This applies to either Wide DR or C-Log. No LUT added when shooting, or for that matter when grading in DaVinci Resolve.

This is the MediaInfo report on a Pro Res 422 C-Log file shot with the C100 onto an Atomos Ninja.MediaInfo .jpg

The same for a C-Log file recorded in MP4.MediaInfo2 .jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

Great news!  Thanks so much for the feedback.

Announcements