Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON: Read this review on your Canon 1DC...IMPORTANT

CharlesF
Apprentice

Canon - Please read this review on the Canon 1D-C      

http://www.eoshd.com/content/10179/the-canon-1d-c-review

A camera with SUCH potential let down by so many things - this review + summary of PRO's and CON's at the end articulates perfectly everything that this camera should have been. Try and fix as much as possible by firmware - but ideally launch a 1D-C mk2 and do it right.... You have so much potential to blow all your competitors away and gain a huge number of customers.

1 REPLY 1

cookinghusband
Contributor
Very detail review, quite true on most of the cons, however about a quarter of the con will disappear after if a user have use it for few days to familiarize with the camera. The current location of the start recording button is excellent, much better than on the 5d3 and also programmable to many other button including the shutter release button. Also since is a one-push start button(start LV and record once) it's slightly hidden to avoid wrong touch in transit. Using a button instead of a switch for live view activation is much better and quicker. As for the menu(same for all EOS), you can customize quick access of menu items in MY MENU for frequently use functions though I hope I can add more function to the list.

Focusing is real hell for manual focus, even with a 7" external mon, please give me zebra( I have this on my handy cam) or at least peek? Luckily AF during AF is better and much faster than than the other EOS DSLR especially where there are good light
Announcements